Monday, April 4, 2011

Problems

Here's E going through the high school's online summer school catalog. She was planning to register for a health class and a general business course.

Andy was up early, ready to register E for summer school at 6 a.m. Unfortunately, the high school didn't put up the link for registration until 8 a.m. And then, it wasn't working properly. When we entered E's student ID number, it told us she didn't exist. Somehow, E got to a "shopping basket" on her laptop and it showed other kids' summer swimming lessons in it.

Students are encouraged to register early for summer school because the popular close early. At least that's what the administrators told us at the incoming freshmen open house.

I told E I'd keep trying throughout the morning, but when her friend, A, came over to walk to school and told us her mom had no problem registering her, E started freaking out. I calmed her down and sent them out the door. Later, A's mom emailed me to see if I was able to register E. I said no, and that I was about to email her to figure out what magic trick she used to register A.

Andy called the high school and they said they were having technical problems. Later a notice was posted on the school's web site saying that summer school registration would reopen at 8 a.m. Tuesday. Hope we have better luck tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment