Saturday, July 24, 2010

Rain, rain


It's been so hot here that I was ready for a nice rain. We got a lot more than that, though. It stormed about three times during the evening and overnight, and this morning when I got up to watch the news, I saw that a lot of the Chicago area was under water. I heard on the news the Eisenhower Expressway was closed, but got to see it this afternoon on a walk.

In this picture, facing east toward Chicago, you can see the El and freight train tracks that run along the south side of the Ike were under water, and there was no traffic on the Ike itself - a weird sight on an expressway that's busy at all times of the day and night. I had to take some pictures of it since Andy is out of town. While I was there with L and B, a state trooper was leading traffic through on the westbound side, reopening it to traffic (bottom picture).

No comments:

Post a Comment