Friday, April 9, 2010

Prom

Andy and I went to prom tonight. Actually, it was Pilgrim Nursery School's gala held every two years. All three kids went to Pilgrim for preschool and this was our fourth gala to support the school, operated out of our church. The theme for this year's gala was "An '80s Prom" with '80s attire encouraged. Lots of people showed up in poofy prom dresses, big bows in their hair and lots of beads. A lot of the women looked like Madonna. I went to high school and college in the '80s and don't recall many Madonnas walking around. I think most of them dressed of how they have seen the '80s portrayed in the movies.

I didn't have an '80s dress to wear and have to say, I'm glad for that! I tried to get Andy to wear the Police pins - the ones he wore on his jean jacket in the
'80s - on his suit, but he didn't want to put holes in it.

It was nice to visit with some of the fellow parents we know and teachers at the school who taught E, B and L. We didn't win anything in the silent auction. We were bidding on a rain barrel, but it went for more than we were willing to pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment