Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Praise for L

A wonderful note appeared in my email inbox this week. A fellow Irving mom sent me a note about L, thanking us for raising a girl who has eagerly included her daughter (a Down syndrome child) in social activities at the school. The note was so heartfelt it brought tears to my eyes.

Here's an excerpt - "I cannot tell you how much this means to me; for her to be included with her regular classmates, particularly when there are generally a lack of girls in special ed. I want to thank you for your parenting and for teaching your child to be inclusive of those who are different from her. It speaks volumes about who you are. ... Thanks again for raising a great kid and keep up the good work!!!!!"

Wow. We must be doing something right.

No comments:

Post a Comment