Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My favorite ornaments

It's almost time to put away the Christmas tree. Packing the ornaments is usually my job - Andy wraps up the lights. Here are a few of my favorite ornaments.

This ornament was a present from Andy's grandma, "Gram," for our first married Christmas together. At the time, we were living in the flat above her in a Cicero two-flat. I love the doves on it and the mirrored heart. It always goes up high on our tree.

I found this one-of-a-kind ornament at a local craft show. I think Andy's sister, A, and I were at a craft show in Hinsdale when I bought it to represent the first Christmas in our new house, 1996.

This is the ornament for E's first Christmas in 1997. We bought in on vacation in Door County, Wis.

B looks so cute in this photo we put in the ornament for his first Christmas, 1999.

I had to handwrite the information for L's first Christmas, 2002, on her ornament. Who knew pink would become her favorite color?

No comments:

Post a Comment