Monday, June 26, 2023

The Heartwreckers

Andy was up crazy early to make donuts Saturday but he was awake enough to see The Heartbreakers, a Tom Petty tribute band, at Fitzgerald's that afternoon. They opened with "Listen to Her Heart" which might be my top Petty song - probably because you rarely hear it on the radio.
We were sitting in the shade but not under the tent so these trees kept dropping little green things. We had to cover our beers with our phones. The couple sitting next to us covered their drinks with their phones too.
The little green things are in my hair, on my shirt, on my shorts.
The played for two hours and performed all of Petty's hits. I think there were two songs I didn't recognize. Sitting behind a pole was a little annoying but we needed to be in the shade.
The outside bar was closed off for a wedding reception. Near the end of the show these two women (on the left) came over from the reception to dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment