Sunday, April 2, 2023

More thrifting

Cindy and I started shopping in Park Ridge (I haven't been there in at least 25 years and I went twice this week) at a church rummage sale Saturday morning. I didn't get this Trump book but I did find a set of full sheets for L's internship apartment this summer.
From there we went to Addison. Stopped at the Goodwill and a few smaller stores.
I found two sets of painted wooden Easter eggs ...
and a Waterford hurricane candle holder. It's supposed to have a Connemara marble base but I set it on a small mirror.
Looks nice with my bunnies.
I tried to convince Cindy to buy this Disney eye mask but she didn't want it.
We swung by Nothing but Bundts so Cindy could buy and try their cakes. She ended up buying four bundtlets - chocolate chocolate chip, carrot cake, red velvet and strawberries & cream.
Our last stop was an estate sale in Villa Park. I bought a bag of Christmas bead garland - two purple strands and two clear - for $1 and found this hummingbird in the bag when I got home. Kind of random since mom was a big hummingbird lover. Not sure what I'll do with this one. It's seen better days.
Over the few days she was here, Cindy watched all 10 episodes of "Daisy Jones and the Six" on Amazon Prime, "George & Tammy" on Showtime, "That Thing You Do" on hulu (how has she never before seen that movie?!?!) and documentary "The Day the Music Died" on Paramount. It was a music-bingeing weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment