Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Latest home project

For as long as I can remember (maybe since we bought the house?) there's been a crack in the plaster that's over the basement stairs, covering the underside of the stairs that go to our second story. I guess 20-plus years of the five of us going up and down the main stairs took its toll and I recently mentioned to Andy that the plaster seemed to be pulling farther away from the slats behind it.
He pushed on it and immediately made this hole. Well now, I said, you need to fix it and get it done by Thanksgiving.
Challenge accepted and Andy got to work tearing out the loose plaster Saturday.
And we decided while we're at it to fix a few cracks in the wall. I did the fabulous spackling job. Of course, we now have to try to match the 17-year-old kitchen paint.
I woke up Sunday and Andy had the drywall in. It looks good.
Here he's getting ready to sand. Yes, I made a "Boy in the Bubble" reference.
Tuesday afternoon and it's pretty much done. A little touch-up paint is needed and another coat or two on the white part, but it looks so much better than before. Now the trick will be to vaccuum up all the dust from the stairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment