Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Christmas theme

So my "theme" for the family Christmas this year was going to be green and silver. Covid canceled the family dinner so my theme is on hold. Fingers crossed I can do it in 2021.
So I mentioned to E that I might go simple and do a red/black buffalo check theme since it will be just the immediate family, maybe Allison and Pat, and maybe E's boyfriend D. That's a lot of maybes. In no time E sent this picture of a table runner she whipped up.
Not to be outdone (lol) I bought two yards of buffalo check cotton and sewed three cafe curtains for the dining room. Surprisingly, all three are about the same size! Perhaps I acquired a new skill with all the mask sewing we did this summer.
Instead of putting up garland in the dining room like we usually do I'm planning to pin red and white lights to the tops of the curtains. This is how it looks now with my autumn lights:
And I have about 24 inches of buffalo check fabric left. I might use some to tie around napkins or maybe I'll make a couple of placemates for the appetizer and drink area. There's lots of time to decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment