Friday, December 14, 2018

Cats and crack


It's a Christmas miracle! I got a picture of both cats looking at me at the same time. What?!? That rarely happens. Might have to frame this one.


And, if that wasn't enough of a Christmas miracle, I made Christmas crack for the first time and it turned out really good. I read lots of reviews where people had a problem with the toffee layer staying sticky but I think I nailed it. There are lots of recipes on the internet, but I used this one, making just a half recipe for my first time.

Christmas Crack
1 c. butter
1 c. brown sugar
1 1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
40 saltine crackers

Heat oven to 400. Line 12x17 cookie sheet with foil and spray well with cooking spray. Lay crackers on top of the foil.
Heat butter and sugar on stovetop and heat until gently boiling, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low boiling and cook, uncovered, about 5 minutes, until the mixture is thickened and sugar is dissolved. Pour mixture over crackers and spread evenly. Bake 5-6 minutes.
Remove pan from oven and let cool 3 minutes, then sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over brown sugar mixture. As chocolate chips melt, carefully spread into an even layer over the toffee layer using a knife. Refrigerate for one hour. Break into bite-sized pieces and serve. Store covered in refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment