Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Bedroom makeover

Out with the old ...





and in with the new:




Andy and I bought the first set in late 1996 from Dania. It's still in good shape except that a few of the drawer slides don't work too well and the drawers don't pull out all the way. It didn't bother us much when we bought it but after 20-plus years, it was time to upgrade. We were able to sell it all (except one tall dresser we moved into Mayu/B's room) to a local family for $300. Seems fitting the furniture was delivered on what would have been mom's 79th birthday since we used inheritance money to buy it. Muffles wasn't ready to let it go:


The day started with a lunar eclipse, which Andy got a picture of:


And, interestingly being mom's birthday, I saw a cardinal in our back yard. They say a cardinal is a visitor from heaven. After I saw this male cardinal ...


... he flew into the neighbor's tree to be with a female cardinal. Hmmm.


Then, later, when I was watering a plant I had from mom's funeral I looked out the window and the cardinal was there again. Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment