Thursday, December 15, 2016

At the theater

A Facebook friend of mine was offering her four tickets yesterday to see the play, "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time." I waited about four hours after she posted it to see if Andy would be interested in going since it was so cold (single digits) outside and it was really short notice. He said sure and, surprisingly, she still had the tickets available - for free! And she gave me all four instead of the just the two I said I could use, so we took Allison and Pat with us. The seats were in the fourth row of the balcony which were good:


This is the stage before the performance at the Oriental Theater. The electronic stage was pretty interesting. The play apparently won five Tony Awards in New York. It's a story told from the point of view of an autistic boy - made you think about how they exist in the world, but not a feel-good play. I'm starting to think every show that appears on Broadway gets a Tony.


Here's me and Andy at intermission. Funniest part of the night was walking to the theater when Pat kept saying he was an "indoor cat" because it was so cold outside.


I took this as we waited in the lobby after the show while Andy braved the cold and brought the car around. So ornate.

No comments:

Post a Comment