Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Tale of two chests


For some unknown reason, I've always kept the silverware chest on the highest shelf in our living room. I was putting it back earlier this year when it slipped out of my bum hand and came crashing down, leaving silverware all over the floor and the shelf dented. The hinge broke off the box and I was able to kind of fix it, but knew it needed replacing. Since we're hosting Thanksgiving, I thought this would be a good time to order a new chest as an early Christmas present and switch over the silverware, which L happily did for me.


The old chest is on the left. The new one seems bigger, but it's a little harder to get the silverware in. L managed though. Notice that the new one has handles on the side so maybe I won't drop it. And now we store it on the lowest shelf in the living room, just to be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment