Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Honors convocation

Andy and I went to the high school tonight for the annual honors convocation. E has been chosen to participate in it for the last three years - a physical education award her freshman year and an English award last year. This year, she was recognized for receiving a $500 grant from the school's Alumni Association toward her upcoming trip to Japan. Her English teacher did a wonderful job on her recommendation letter.

E also found out today that she will be hosted in Japan by a female teacher and then have a "school buddy" during the school days to help her get around. E is one of nine of the kids going who will be staying with a teacher. She's now suppose to email the teacher and school buddy to find out more about them. E's Japanese teacher has a unique sense of humor. She wrote this in her email that paired students with their host families: Please ask me no questions about your host family. I don't know anything about them. You can find out by e-mailing them! I am busy. No questions. If you just can't help it, you can ask me questions but please know that I have no answers to your questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment