Saturday, November 17, 2012

It's called bribery


L, E and I did a little shopping this afternoon as a test for L to see whether she can hold up with Black Friday shopping - no begging, being patient, etc. Can you guess how this turned out? In HomeGoods, L wanted a voice-changing megaphone for $10. She said she wouldn't go along on Black Friday shopping if I bought it for her, but I said her chances of going along is slim anyway, why should I buy her a $10 toy? She eventually put it down and we left the store empty-handed although they did have cute Christmas decorations I wouldn't mind adding to my growing collection. At Target, though, her inner hoarder got the best of her and she asked for a $5 cardinal Webkinz. I like cardinals and she promised, again, that she wouldn't come along on Black Friday shopping - or even ask again. That's a deal I couldn't pass up! Perhaps my shopping companions will reward my bribery with a smooth McDonald's Peppermint Mocha on Black Friday? (Hint, hint!)

No comments:

Post a Comment