Saturday, December 31, 2011

Quite the creation

L slept over at Grandma Barbara's last night and came home this afternoon toting this lovely creation. She's been wanting to make a gingerbread house so grandma helped her frost a box and they stuck bread and candy all over it. As I was admiring it, L said, "Don't eat it. That candy's been in grandma's house for three years." Thanks for the warning, but there's no way I would have even attempted to eat it.

We had a quiet New Year's Eve. I made lasagne for dinner. E had her friend, A, over for a sleepover. The kids played games in the basement. L was asleep before midnight (me too). I woke up when some neighbors lit off firecrackers.

L wanted me to mention this bracelet. I think it was early Tuesday morning when we heard someone put something in the mail slot. I found a Christmas present for L from her friend, S, who was up visiting from Tennessee. It's a pretty beaded bracelt and she loves showing it off. She thinks S will be home again for spring break. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment