Monday, December 12, 2011

Jamaican ornaments

I wanted a Christmas ornament from Jamaica for our tree, but the name of the game there is to barter. The shopping center we were taken to was pretty scary. It had gates that had to open and let the van inside. We could have taken a second shopping trip, but decided against it. We bought a few T-shirts for the kids, a magnet for me and these ornaments and decided we were done. The shopping center was full of souvenir shops (mostly stocking the same items) and jewelry stores. I don't think I'd trust the jewelry is actually the brand name it's advertised as. I also saw a Coach suitcase/duffle bag for $40 or so. No way is that real.

Instead of the $18 price tag on these ornaments, Andy got two for $20. I didn't really need two, but they're pretty. The woman who sold them said they're actual shells. I'm surprised neither broke on the trip home.

No comments:

Post a Comment