Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Japanese?

We were back at the high school last night for E to submit her choices of classes for her freshman year. She followed the district's recommendations for math, biology, English and world history, then added Japanese as an elective. I warned her that she won't be getting any help from me if she runs into trouble in Japanese class. She assured me that won't be a problem. I'm keeping my fingers crossed all goes well.

Funniest part of the night was when we saw my friend, N. Her daughter has the same counselor as E so she was sitting in on the same lecture. After the lecture, when we were choosing classes, she said, "He's (the counselor) really young. I have pants that are older than him!" She's probably right about that.

E is also planning on attending summer school. The high school recommends it as a way for students to familiarize themselves with the building and teachers. At the moment she's planning on taking health and possibly a consumer education course - both requirements to graduate - that will free up her regular school year for more electives.

No comments:

Post a Comment