Friday, March 31, 2023

‘First Kings of Europe’

Allison, Cindy and I went to the Field Museum last night for a reception and viewing of the "First Kings of Europe" exhibit. Andy left Thursday afternoon for a golf trip to Myrtle Beach, S.C.
They had brew beered specifically for the exhibit. The "king" beer has a higher alcohol content than the "commoner" beer. I tried both and the king beer was better. It's good to be king, right?
Lots of food I assume from southeast Europe which the exhibit focused on - chicken sliders, roasted vegetables, risotto, mushroom flatbread, a goat cheese and vegetable flatbread, pita bread and cevapi (essentiallly sausages, but I had to look that up).
This plate of desserts was shared amongst the three of us. The chocolate-covered tiramisu cream puff was my favorite.
The exhibit starts with the only replica.
Cindy and Allison learning about different metals.
Random exhibit pics ...
First Kings of Europe brought together the work and stories of 26 museums and 11 countries throughout southeastern Europe.
The security guards came into the exhibit at about 8:35 p.m. and told everyone the exhibit is closing, we have to leave. Allison and Cindy were told the woman working in the gift shop at the end of the exhibit wanted to go home. We were all in the hall and the bar was closed. It was the first time that's happened. Usually things shut down closer to 9.
Being rushed out, I missed this - a real skeleton wearing various metal jewelry. Allison sent me the pic. Andy would like to see the exhibit so maybe I'll see it then.
Group pic at the end of the evening. We took some photos at a photo booth so I'll add those when the museum sends them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment