Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A gift?

L came home today with a thank you card from her teacher - a very nice thank you, I might add - for a gift we apparently sent with her to school today. L fessed up that she created the gift herself, packing a gift bag with a card, some Altoids, TicTacs and a few other things she found in a drawer on the back porch. Not sure if I should tell the teacher it was an L gift. From what he wrote in the card, he seemed please it. Again, she got the speech about how she isn't supposed to take anything from this house and give it as a gift to someone else.

Back in first grade, she gave one of her favorite after-school care providers one of a my rings she had taken from my jewelry box. It was a birthstone ruby ring Andy gave me when we were dating. Fortunately, the woman gave it back to me, praising L for her generosity but laughing, apparently knowing what lies ahead for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment