Friday, September 18, 2026

To Darla’s

I left late Thursday morning for Darla's house to start our belated 60th birthday road trip adventure!
Can't head south and not drive through Normal.
This was gas in Normal. Most of the stations on the way down were $4.79. Yikes.
The clouds on the drive were interesting.
I stopped at Cindy's on the way down to drop all her many finds from the thrift shopping we did before we left for our Alaskan cruise last month. This was the pile of things sitting on my back porch for the week. Looking through it, she said it was like Christmas because she had forgotten about some of the things she bought.
Along with high gas prices, the temperatures will be hot this weekend. We can certainly pick a weekend lol.
I drove to Cindy's, dropped off all of her things and we went to Litchfield ao I could get some Diet Coke ... and we stopped at Goodwill.
This was a surprise. Cindy picked up bricks in Staunton from our high school that was torn down to make way for new school. She even had one for me to take to Darla.
Of course, I had to drive by and see the new high school.
This is just phase one. There's more to be built.
Just like when I was in high school, I was driving on Route 66, one of its many versions that went through and around my hometown.
These are the farmers who farm my land, though this isn't my farm. They farm a lot of land in the area. Not a great picture but I was driving. I love seeing the farmers at harvest time, easily the best time of the year. It's been dry so they were stirring up a lot of dust. I made it to Darla's! Friday the adventure begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment