Sunday, September 27, 2026
Full retreat day
Saturday morning started with breakfast followed by our one "churchy" activity. Afterward Andy and I went to the local thrift and antique stores but didn't find any treasurer.
We went into Sawyer to a produce store. Aren't these flowers pretty?
We bought some honeycrisp apples and triple berry jam.
Lunch was a salad, grilled chicken fingers, roasyed sweet potatoes, and mac and cheese. It was ok but it was better than dinner - salad, veggie lasagne, garlic bread and corn chowder. I had the salad and bread. And no dessert? Fortunately, a church member provided dessert later so I got my chocolate fix.
After lunch we drove to Watermark Brewing Co., in Stevensville, just north of our camp.
We enjoyed a beer in their large beer garden.
I wanted to see the lake without walking, if possible, so we drove to Glenlord Beach Park in Stevensville. There was free parking but no beach access. Boo.
We found a Meijer grocery store so I convinced Andy to stop so I could get some Diet Coke. We also bought Jiffy Pop popcorn for 25 cents. I miss having a Meijer store nearby. I didn't buy these but how cute a football-shaped chocolate chips?
Back at camp, we had a (cold) outdoor happy hour, the bad dinner then played a trivia game. My team lost.
We finished the game time with my friend Maureen explaining the directions to a balloon game. Our team won that one but another team claimed victory too so we had to share the honors. Let's just say some people are way too competitive.
Then it was time for Andy to start the campfire! I didn't last outside for long because it was pretty cold and I was wearing a T-shirt, flannel shirt and sweatshirt. THe low temperature was 42 to 45. Brrr. The good thing, though, was that B called.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











No comments:
Post a Comment