Sunday, September 6, 2026
Cute Saturday
We have visitors - the cute newlyweds are in town for their friends', W and T, wedding. Here they were Friday night coming back from the welcome dinner.
This is a really cute guidebook I assume the wedding couple designed. I found it on the coffee table when I was up early before my 6:30 a.m. coffee server donut shift (Andy did the 3 a.m. donut captain shift).
After donuts and a shower, I went to Allison's and we went to a few garage/estate sales. Maybe because it's a holiday weekend there weren't many sales. Two of the things I found were this Avon turkey votive candle holder and this music box nativity. I think the nativity is handpainted; I found similar ones on ebay with different paint schemes. Cute holiday decorations.
After yard sales, Andy and I finished up the grocery shopping for the week and picked up tortillas for the kids to take back to Seattle.
E had been in the city since 9 a.m. getting ready for her role as a bridesmaid so we drove D to the wedding/reception location at Schuba's/Tied House. Looked cute from the outside. I didn't get a picture of that but I did snap one of this interesting "green wall" of a Whole Foods store. Chicago's neighborhoods are full of interesting things to see.
On the drive back home we came across Suncatcher Brewing (at Chicago and California) so thought we should stop in.
Perfect weather (sometimes a bit chilly with the breeze) to sit on their patio and enjoy a beer. How cute is this building? It's a former service station. I like the Art Deco-looking entrance.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment