Monday, September 7, 2026
Lunch with the kids
I had asked B a while ago if he would be willing to have lunch with us over Labor Day weekend and since E and D were visiting, we thought we'd make it a family outing Sunday. After checking to make sure the Cubs weren't playing at home, we chose Rizzo's next to Wrigley Field. However, there was a Big 10/SEC volleyball tournament being held there and before we knew it the restaurant was filled with Nebraska fans. Andy lucked out with a parking space right in front of the restaurant.
The atmosphere would be fun for a bar visit on a game day but I'd skip the food.
I had to take the divided brownie pan to B that he requested I find (mission successful), a cartoony ramen cookbook I took from a free box at a yard sale and a few things from my Alaskan cruise - some jerky with reindeer meat, a maple cream-filled cookie and a Virgin Cruise hat he probably won't wear. After lunch we dropped him back at his apartment and drove E and D to the airport.
E left her gym shoes at the bride's apartment so she asked me for a pair to wear home and keep until Christmas. Here you go. And I told her she can keep them if she wants.
Saw this billboard along the Kennedy. Not sure they needed to hate on the Cardinals to get their message across.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment