Tuesday, August 4, 2026
Fate and a mixer
This is a crazy story. I woke up Sunday morning to a text with this photo from L. She said she found Kitchen Aid mixer in the dumpster - nothing she does surprises me anymore - and it works. I told her to look for the model number and we figured out it was a five-quart lift mixer - just like mine. We looked at bowls online and they were around $70 minimum. The tilt-head bowls are significantly less but, no, she found a lift head.
I was mindlessly scrolling on Facebook on our drive home from Old Irving Brewing Co. Sunday and saw a five-quart bowl for a Kitchen Aid lift-bowl mixer on our local free page. What are the odds of that? I claimed it and we picked it up before coming home. It's in great condition.
It passed Ruby's inspection. L wants me to ship it to her but I don't know that I will. (We're going to visit her in October). Now she needs a mixing paddle and she's good to go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment