Sunday, March 29, 2020

Sheltering in place


We received a nice note from our church yesterday, just checking in. Andy and I watched today's service online then participated in a Zoom coffee hour. I have to say, the coffee hour was pretty fun. And they included two hymns I like in the service - “In the Bulb There Is a Flower” and “I Love to Tell the Story.”


Andy took this picture of the church on his walk early this morning.


I've moved from cleaning to baking. I made a half-recipe of a Texas Cake. I didn't add nuts to the frosting because I thought L didn't like nuts, but then she said he did. I can't keep my kids and their preferences straight.


Then I made lasagne for dinner. Andy will have the leftovers for lunches during the week as he continues to work from home.


The neighborhood's latest request is to put stuffed animals in your windows. The playgrounds are closed so the thought is that kids can walk around with their families and find the animals. I asked L to put up some animals and boy, did she. We have animals everywhere. I mean everywhere. We look a bit crazy.


L wanted to run to Target to get Pepsi while it was on sale. Andy went with her. She claims these six 12-packs will last her through the end of April. Ha! That's a bet I'll take. I'd be surprised if they last through April 15.


And to get out of the house a bit today we took a drive to O'Haire Airport. This is the main road leading into the airport, usually packed, and clear as could be today.


This is the departures area where normally you can't find a place to park. We did see a few planes land.

No comments:

Post a Comment