Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Oh, the Vidette years

Hanging out with our fellow ISU Vidette staffers last weekend had Andy and me searching through our college photos. There were lots of Vidette parties and this one - our Christmas 1987 party at Guy's house - was among the best.
We're all wearing Xeroxed sixth-grade pictures of Jeff, one of our photographers who was celebrating a birthday. I'm guessing he turned 21. How we got the picture, who copied them and handed them out to everyone is a mystery.
Why was Mike, our editor, wrapping our features editor in toilet paper? Another mystery.
And, yes, there was dancing on the coffee table. As I said earlier, it was a good party. I texted these to our friend, Kathy, who went to the reunion with us and she replied, "So sad that we had no fun." Yeah, lol.
This picture was a different nightt at the Sig Tau house where Kathy was a little sister. Why we were all there, I don't recall. I wish I could see my whole outfit because that big yellow sweathsr and those tight acid wash jeans with zippers at the ankles were the epitome of '80s fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment