Monday, July 27, 2026

Gotcha day anniversary

Yesterday, July 26, was the cats' one-year anniversary of being with us. They've grown a lot. They're still more skittish than I'd like but they're still young. Maybe in another year they'll be calmer?
Here's Ruby. She loves to sit like this on the back of the dining room chairs. She seems to like me more than Andy and sits with me in the evenings. She's cuddly but still likes to lick me ... too much.
Piper seems a bit more adventurous. Here she is on the kitchen counter. When I'm getting ready in the morning, she hoos up on the bathroom sink and waits for me to turn on the water so she can get a drink. Usually when I get out of the shower she is sitting on the bed waiting for me. She sits with Andy every night so we say she's "his cat" but she sleeps by my legs. Ruby comes to bed with us too but usually wakes up and starts licking our faces so she gets tossed out.
They both like to play, like treats, enjoy sitting on my puzzles and follow me around all day when I'm home. They're both scared of loud sounds and sudden movements. Let's hope they get calmer and cuddlier in the coming year.

No comments:

Post a Comment