Monday, October 7, 2024

Smashing soirée success

Sunday was soiree day and I got all of these things out of my house and reclaimed a corner of my dining room.
Andy and I and the rest of the planning committee started decoarating at 2 p.m.
The room looked great.
Ready to party.
Jazz band during cocktail hour. Local high school kids and they were great!
Our keynote speaker, a former pastor, who baptized E!
Andy with his law partners.
Me with the planning committee.
Fun with friends.
The JBA crew.
Nancy and I were both in polka dots.
Quite a good turnout. We did have a problem with the nametags not sticking enough to stay on people's clothes. I even noticed one on the floor in this picture. Oops.
Pastor Colin, former member and golfer Tim, and Andy.
The place setting. Yes, I brought a vase of flowers home. See L and B in this table display picture? We had quite the table of VIPS - Andy's law partner K is a River Forest trustee, his other partner R is the honorary consulate for Latvia and the Oak Park village president sat at our table. All three were called out during the VIP acknowledgements. People were joking after dinner that we had all the VIPs at our table. We had an interesting dinner conversation of how the village is handling migrants.

No comments:

Post a Comment