Monday, September 30, 2024

A crystal-clear deal

When we were in Michigan a couple of weeks ago with the family, we walked into a charity resale shop by Tower Hill and I saw crystal wine glasses that I was pretty sure were my crystal pattern. Then I saw the $20 price tag. I can buy them for $20 each on eBay so I walked away. Last weekend, Andy and I stopped in the same shop to see if they were still there. They were - it was a sign! They had a $20 price tag on several of them, but not all of them. I asked the cashier, is this $20 a stem? He said it's $20 for the set. The set? I said, there's eight on the shelf so it's $20 for all eight? He said yes and I said take my money.
What an unbelievable deal! Less than $3 a glass? Now if one breaks I won't cry ... as much. I just need to rearrange a few things in the china cabinet to fit them in. And the crazy thing is that this is the same store where I found my china pattern several years ago while we were at church camp. Maybe one day I'll find my fancy flatware.

No comments:

Post a Comment