Saturday, December 24, 2022

Christmas Eve road trip

Andy and I drove to Champaign this afternoon to bring L home for Christmas. The roads were clear. These are about the biggest drifts we saw (fortunately).
Our first stop was the mall and we found her. It was pajama day at work.
We let her finish working while we went out to a few stores. This was at Rural King, where you never know what you'll find - including this tub of bacon grease. Andy was happy to have some of the Rural King free popcorn.
My Rural King deal was 75 percent off these lights. Regularly $8.99 and we got them for $2.25. I bought three sets of 25 lights then Andy found a roll of the same lights with 100 bulbs. It was regularly $29.99 so we got it for $7.50. My plan is to have Andy put these on the garage next year.
Most of the stores were closed by 6 p.m. and L still had an hour of work so we drove around campus. Here's the Alma Mater statue. The campus streets were pretty bare.
I also learned Mango has been adopted by Schubert's family. Apparently he just walked into their house a week or so ago. I was glad to learn he's not out in this cold. He looks like he's comfortable there. I imagine they'll stop by once the temperatures warm up.
We got home around 9:30 p.m. We missed the Christmas Eve service at church so maybe I'll see if L wants to go with Andy to the Sunday service tomorrow. Lots of people have been asking when she's coming home.
The unveiling of L's second tattoo we didn't know she had gotten. It's bigger than I would have liked but it's not my arm. We asked her to refrain from getting any more until she's settled in a career-type job.

No comments:

Post a Comment