Friday, June 26, 2015

Party time


Having a birthday in June means you never can count on the weather being good. Still, B has a history of planning an elaborate birthday scavenger hunt/"Amazing Race" type game for his friends and I think they've come to expect it ... rain or shine. Today, it was rain. And lots of it. His friends borrowed hooded sweatshirts from me, and off they went. Above, his friend S is on the playground at Irving trying to read the clue sheet in the rain. His friends B and IB are hidden by the tree to the left. I can't believe how much the boys have grown. Here's a pic from his 2012 party and, of course, in 2010 when the power went out.


Once they figured out that clue, they were headed south.


They came home and dried off and we ordered pizza. They took time out of their video-game playing to pose for a picture because I wouldn't cut the brownies without a picture and they wanted dessert. (I'm kind of surprised I can get 16-year-olds to pose for pictures!) I think they're all sleeping over so I'm sure the brownies (and leftover pizza) will be gone by morning.


And E's friend, F, from California is visiting. They went out shopping tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment