Saturday, February 11, 2012

Sing it, girls

Today at Pilgrim Park we sat around and talked ... a lot. It was a freezing 15 degrees outside and the temperature in the building was 61. I knew at lunch when my hand was shaking as I tried to eat my salad that the building had no heat. First, we were told the heat was on a timer, so that had been fixed. After dinner, after freezing all day and being wrapped in blankets, they figured out the boiler hadn't been working all day. Unfortunately for us, the heating system is in the floor so it will take a while to heat up.

We watched the movie "Charlie St. Cloud" in the basement where the staff claimed it was warmer. Maybe it was by a few degrees. I was chilled to the bone by then. After the movie, we moved back upstairs where it was still really cold. Many of the women were signing karaoke in the dining room (where it was warmer by a few degrees). L and her friend, K, did a great rendition of Bruno Mars' "The Lazy Song." L was starting to fall asleep by 10:30 and since I was frozen, I went to bed too. I thought I could get warm under the blankets, but it really didn't help. I was cold all night.

No comments:

Post a Comment